How To Plan an Amazing Girl’s Getaway
Ok, admit it. You can be a bit obsessive. Hey, that’s love! It’s not your fault — it hijacks the brain! If you’re like me, you want to spend all your time with your boo. But, is that really healthy?
We all hate it when our best girlfriends go MIA after meeting a new squeeze. So why be that girl? It’s important to have your own life, your own friends, and your own interests. Besides, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
So what’s the solution? A girl’s-only getaway, of course! Here’s how to plan the perfect long-weekend away:
- Start a Facebook Group and invite your best girlfriends. Make sure it’s set to private so you don’t get randos or non-besties trying to join.
- Find a long weekend that works for all of you, to go on a trip together. Make sure everyone comments and confirms! @Tag your friends to make sure they see the most important messages.
- Pick a vacation destination. My favorite way to do this is to pick an event, festival, concert, or destination spa and base the trip around that. If you need ideas, here’s a list of the best music festivals.
- If you haven’t already, download the Square Cash app and create a custom URL (like cash.me/$YourName). Get your friends to pay you for their flight or their share of the car (or yacht, maybe?!) rental, concert and event tickets, etc. by going to your custom URL (it’s super fast and easy!)
- Book the tickets (it’s better to have one person do this so that you can all sit together) after your friends pay you via Square Cash. Trust me, you don’t want people backing out after you’ve already paid for their non-refundable flight and concert tickets!
- Then, when you’re on the trip, you can charge meals (and allllll those drinks), gas, or other shared expenses to your rewards-based credit card (or expense it for business) and get your friends to reimburse you using the Square Cash app.
- During the trip, get everyone to share photos in the Facebook Group.
- Wash, rinse, repeat! (ie. back to step #2.) 😉
What destinations, concerts, or events do you think would be perfect for a girl’s getaway?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Square, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.