Sponsorships / Influencer Marketing
Want us to write or social media post about your brand? Here’s how.
“There is one area where advertisers are clearly winning: so-called ‘influencers’ on social media.” – Vanity Fair
Hi, and thanks for your interest in developing a relationship with Urbanette100% of profits from all sponsorships are used to help women in developing countries become entrepreneurs.and #HilaryRowland! We appreciate the support, especially since
In the following paragraphs, you will learn what to expect when working with Urbanette, why we’re radically different and more effective than other outlets, and examples of article and promotion types.
BTW – Did you know? Influencer marketing is far more effective than any other form of advertising, with incredible ROI: $23 per $1 spent and $285 per 1000 views:
“If your company isn’t utilizing influencer marketing yet, you are missing out. It’s only going to become more popular, more profitable, and truthfully, more competitive. Handing a popular celebrity your shaker cup and asking them to tell their friends to buy it isn’t enough. You’re going to have to get more creative if you want to keep the attention of your consumers.” – Inc. magazine article: “In 2017 Influencer Marketing Is About To Go Through The Roof – What’s your influencer marketing strategy?”
Ad agency Rhythm One found that average earned media value for every dollar spent on influencer marketing programmes was $9.60 – a 960% return on investment. This was 1.4 times higher than recorded in H1 2015, when the RoI was 685%. Every $1 spent on influencer marketing returned $12.54 in the “Tourism Destinations & Travel” sector, $12.21 in the “Bath, Body and Beauty” and $4.50 in “Retailers & Apparel”.
Why Work With Urbanette?
Unlike other blogs/influencers, our followers (check out our readership numbers) are not over-marketed to. Our newsletter is monthly, and we post to our permanent Instagram feed twice weekly, on a schedule (Instagram “stories” are posted daily). When our loyal readers see something recommended by Urbanette, they pay attention.
Urbanette’s readers listen — and convert.
ROI is off the charts.
More value for your money
So that each post has maximum and lasting impact, we post on an unwavering once per weekday schedule at 10/11am EST (NYC) / 4pm CET (Central European Time):
- Mondays & Wednesdays: Article published on Urbanette.com and promoted on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google Plus.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Social media post of photo, quote, or short video, with description, published to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn (and, occasionally, YouTube.)
- Fridays: Flashback Fridays: we re-share an older article across all social media (except Instagram).
- Articles written by Hilary are also shared on her Facebook page, Love, Hilary Rowland.
5 ways our unique posting schedule benefits brands:
- Because we only publish to our permanent Instagram collection/feed eight times per month (instead of eight times per day, like some other publications/blogs), your Instagram post won’t get lost in a pile of posts, and will stay visible near the top of our feed for many months. In addition, we use the ‘Stories’ feature daily, to draw our followers back to our feed throughout each day, therefore getting your post more eyeballs than even feeds with 20x the followers.
- Similarly, since we only make five Twitter and five Facebook posts per week, your post will stay near the top of our feed for months.
- Urbanette is totally unlike other blogs, which post many times per day, thereby watering down and distracting their followers with tens of (potentially conflicting) recommendations each day.
- This means that while the domain name Urbanette.com may get less traffic overall, each individual article gets read more times than articles on even the most extremely high-traffic websites.
- Our readers eagerly anticipate our next post, and know when it’s going to be published. Our readers don’t miss posts or get burnt-out by the volume of posts.
- Our readers know that each and every recommendation comes with a lot of weight and thought, since we recommend so few products.
84% of marketers are planning an influencer marketing campaign
and start working with us!
Here’s more about our readership and traffic numbers.
Businesses make an average of $23 for every dollar invested in influencer marketing. (Nielsen)
We know how much harder it is to get funding as a female founder, so we give large discounts for businesses run and founded by women!
Examples of sponsorships
Pricing is updated monthly, depending on the previous month’s traffic. Pricing within the ‘price range’ mostly depends on how naturally the brand fits with Urbanette’s content and what the sponsor requires. Please note that we do not accept affiliate marketing partnerships, as it would be too difficult for our small team to keep track of multiple partnerships like this.
We give discounts to brands who:
- are founded and run by a woman
- have an ethical mission and donate a large % of profits to charity
- purchase multiple posts and pay upfront
Why do a multi-post deal with one influencer? This quote from Huff Post says it best: “If I had you guess how many information sources, on average that a buyer engages with prior to making a purchase what would you guess? Would you say two or three or perhaps four or five? What if I told you the number were 11.4? In a study performed by Google (zero moment of truth), they found that buyers on average engage with more than 11 pieces of content prior to making a purchase decision and according to a study by Forrester Research that number has doubled year over year in each of 2012 and 2013. Furthermore, we have entered a day where the consumer really doesn’t trust advertisements. Instead, the new consumer seeks to make purchase decisions through word of mouth and brand engagement via social platforms and native advertising (content marketing). In fact, 90% of consumers trust a recommendation from their network and 81% of those go online to get those recommendations.”
100% of profits from all sponsorships are used to help women in developing countries become entrepreneurs (details)
Types of Sponsored Articles Available, with Approximate Pricing:
(Includes promotion of the article on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn & Tumblr @urbanette.)
- Roundup-style where your product is one of several (very economical option). Price range: $1,900 to $3,500, plus product. Examples:
- Article exclusively promoting your brand. Price range: $14,500 to $16,500, plus product (if applicable). Examples:
- Creative / natural-seeming integration or how-to instructional article. Price range: $6,500 to $9,500, plus product (if applicable). Examples:
- How this Salon-Lifer Became a Box-Color Convert (for Naturigin)
- How To Plan an Amazing Girl’s Getaway (for Square Cash)
- Posts for Audible: (Membership signup goals and ROI exceeded every time, with exceptional return on investment.)
- 10 Things I Learned by Listening to Scarlett Johansson (Audible)
- My Favorite Multi-Tasking Secret (Audible)
- The Timeless Question: Is Infidelity Ever Justified? (Audible)
- Do You Ever Feel Invisible? (Audible)
- Who’s Stealing Your Money? How To Avoid Hidden Fees (Audible)
- 10 Books That Are Shaping Modern Feminism (Audible)
- How to Start a (Successful, Moneymaking) Blog (Audible)
- My Healthiest Daily Habit (Audible)
- 10 Travel Memoirs That Will Activate Your Wanderlust (Audible)
- 10 Life-Changing Books About Health (Audible)
- How to Have the Road Trip of a Lifetime (Audible)
- 5 Tips (& 5 Books) That Will Give You an Edge at Work (Audible)
- 5 Regrets of the Dying (Bonus post for Audible)
- 5 Motivating Books That Will Upgrade Your Life (Audible)
- Article dedicated to your (empowering) initiative. Price range: $9,500 to $12,500. Examples:
- Interview format. Price range: $8,500 to $12,500. Examples:
- Staying Ahead of Fast Fashion, with Zady
- How to Deal With the Stress of Life in NYC
- Tiffany & Co’s Lambertson & Truex
- Vania and David: The Goods, The Journey, The Romance
- Osea Sea-Plant Skincare
- Paper Floral Artistry
- Brooklyn’s Hayden Harnett Handbags
- Wedding Rings with Personality by Kwiat Fine Jewelry
- Mother-Daughter Hotelier Powerhouses
- Detox Cleansing Made Easy
- Dr. Jonathan Alpert
- Travel: ‘Top Reasons to Visit’ article. Price range: $7,500 to $24,500, plus hosted trip. Examples:
- Travel: Dedicated review article. Price range: $12,500 to $26,500, plus hosted trip. Examples:
- How to Have a Relaxing Adventure in St. Moritz (for St. Moritz Tourismus)
- St. Moritz Travel Journal (for St. Moritz Tourismus)
- My Panchakarma Experience in Mexico
- The Breakers in Palm Beach
- Twin Farms in Vermont
- Welcome to My Mediterranean Odyssey! (for Viking Cruises)
- My Viking Cruise: Hanging in the Mediterranean (for Viking Cruises)
Mini-movies starring Hilary Rowland can be inserted into the article, or shared on social media. Price range: $750 to $1,250 per movie, as an add-on to a social media push or sponsored article. Examples:
- My Transformative Morning Routine (for Origins, movies embedded in article)
- Christmas on Worth Ave and bonus post (for Visit Florida, social media post)
More Sponsorship Options:
- Live Q&A on Facebook or Twitter, with your brand ambassador or CEO.
- Contest or giveaway.
- Dedicated email blast to our 300k+ subscribers via our monthly newsletter.
- Adding a link into one of Urbanette’s existing articles (economically priced at $550).
- Film you produce, starring Hilary. Example:
- Creating a 50’s Glamour Look (scroll down for video, for LVMH)
- A Day in the Life of Hilary Rowland / an Influencer (where Hilary could be using your products or service throughout the day).
- Submit an article with your link in it. Pricing depends on the quality of the article, the topic and focus, number of links, what (if any) photos we need to add/take, if you want a mini-movie starring Hilary included, and how much editing needs to be done. You’ll need to agree that the article can’t be used elsewhere online. Contact email@example.com for more info and pricing.
Social Media Only ~ Options:
Contact us for social-media-only pricing
- Twitter and/or Facebook (we post 4x/week in the summer and 5x/week otherwise):
- Instagram (we post 2 times per week) + Facebook + Twitter:
More Reading & Studies About Influencer Marketing
- Forbes: The Role of Influence in the New Buyer’s Journey
- Inc Magazine: Influencer Marketing Delivers 11X ROI Over All Other Forms of Digital Media
- AdWeek’s Social Times: Here’s Why Influencer Marketing Is All the Rage on Social Media Now
- Forbes: Love It or Hate It, Influencer Marketing Works
- LinkedIn: Size Doesn’t Matter When It Comes To Social Following
- Tomoson: Study on Rate of Returns and Spending on Influencer Marketing
- Contently: Infographic: Why Influencer Marketing Works
- eMarketer: Influencer Marketing: All It’s Cracked Up To Be?
- Medium: The Truth Behind Facebook Ads
- Forbes: Six Things That Only Influencers Can Offer Your Business
- Social Media Week: Here’s What Marketers Are Spending On Their Influencer Marketing Programs
- Marketing Insight: Why You Should Invest In Content Marketing
“Don’t mistake social media following numbers for influence… the ‘Fame Model’ can actually undermine the real power behind influencer marketing.” – AdWeek
Over the following pages, we’ve listed a few more examples / case studies of completed sponsorships.