Sponsorships / Influencer Marketing
Hi, and thanks for your interest in developing a relationship with Urbanette100% of profits from all sponsorships are used to help women in developing countries become entrepreneurs.and #HilaryRowland! We appreciate the support, especially since
In the following paragraphs, you will learn what to expect when working with Urbanette, why we’re radically different and more effective than other outlets, and examples of article and promotion types.
BTW – Did you know? Influencer marketing is far more effective than any other form of advertising, with incredible ROI: $23 per $1 spent and $285 per 1000 views:
Why Work With Urbanette?
All of our sponsored posts are created by tastemaker and influencer Hilary Rowland (hashtag #HilaryRowland). The power of a trusted influencer, with the cachet and weight of a trusted print magazine.
Unlike other blogs/influencers, our followers (check out our readership numbers) are not over-marketed to. Our newsletter is monthly, and our Instagram is twice weekly, on a schedule. When our loyal readers see something from Urbanette, they pay attention. Learn more below:
More value for your money
So that each post has maximum and lasting impact, we post on an unwavering once per weekday schedule at 10am EST (NYC) / 4pm CET (London):
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: Article published on Urbanette.com and promoted on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Google Plus.
- Tuesday and Thursday: Social media post of photo or video, with description, published to Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook (and, occasionally, YouTube.)
5 ways our unique posting schedule benefits brands:
- Because we only publish to Instagram eight times per month (instead of eight times per day, like some other publications/blogs), your Instagram post won’t get lost in a pile of posts, and will stay visible near the top of our feed for many months.
- Similarly, since we only make five Twitter and five Facebook posts per week (the post is mirrored on all social media), you reap the same benefits on these outlets.
- Urbanette is totally unlike other blogs, which post many times per day, thereby watering down and distracting their followers with tens of (potentially conflicting) recommendations each day.
- This means that while the domain name Urbanette.com may get less traffic overall, each individual article gets read more times than articles on even the most extremely high-traffic websites.
- Our readers eagerly anticipate our next post, and know when it’s going to be published. Our readers don’t miss posts or get burnt-out by the volume of posts.
- Our readers know that each and every recommendation comes with a lot of weight and thought, since we recommend so few products.
84% of marketers are planning an influencer marketing campaign in 2017.
Email email@example.com and start working with us!
Typical impressions (per post)
These numbers are updated monthly
- Twitter picture/video post: 220k to 350k impressions and 150 to 350 retweets + 180 to 600 favorites.
- Instagram picture/video post: 600 – 3k likes and 30 to 50 comments.
- Facebook picture/video post: 250 – 500 likes and 15 to 40 comments.
- Each individual Urbanette.com article: 25k (typical on first day) to 70k+ unique article viewers (over one month), 20 to 60 in-article comments and 700 to 2400 shares. Viral articles typically get at least 150k uniques within one week and over 40k shares.
- Urbanette.com article also in one print issue: 720k readers per issue.
- All sponsored articles will be expertly optimized for SEO / Google ranking.
Here’s more about Urbanette and our readership.
Businesses make an average of $23 for every dollar invested in influencer marketing. (Nielsen)
Examples of sponsorships
Pricing is updated monthly, depending on the previous month’s traffic. Pricing within the ‘price range’ mostly depends on how naturally the brand fits with Urbanette’s content, and what the sponsor requires.
- Social media promotions: Mini-movies (example: What’s in Hilary’s Bag) and photos (examples: fashion photo post and curated product post and product overtake feature and quote post) are priced on a $25 to $35 CPM basis, plus a media creation fee depending on the type of image or video requested.
Articles Written by Hilary Rowland:
- Interview with the founder of the brand. Price range: $8,500 to $12,500. Examples:
- Roundup-style where your product is one of several (very economical option). Price range: $1,900 to $3,500, plus product. Examples:
- Article exclusively promoting your brand. Price range: $14,500 to $16,500, plus product (if applicable). Examples:
- How-To instructional article. Price range: $5,500 to $8,500, plus product (if applicable). Examples:
- Creative / natural-seeming integration. Price range: $7,500 to $9,500, plus product (if applicable). Examples:
- How this Salon-Lifer Became a Box-Color Convert (for Naturigin)
- How To Plan an Amazing Girl’s Getaway (for Square Cash)
- Posts for Audible: (Membership signup goals exceeded every time, with exceptional return on investment.)
- 10 Things I Learned by Listening to Scarlett Johansson (Audible)
- My Favorite Multi-Tasking Secret (Audible)
- The Timeless Question: Is Infidelity Ever Justified? (Audible)
- Do You Ever Feel Invisible? (Audible)
- 5th Audible article coming Jan 27.
- Article dedicated to your (empowering) initiative. Price range: $9,500 to $12,500. Examples:
- Travel: ‘Top Reasons to Visit’ article. Price range: $7,500 to $12,500, plus hosted trip. Examples:
- Travel: Dedicated review article. Price range: $12,500 to $16,500, plus hosted trip. Examples:
- Mini-movies starring Hilary Rowland can be inserted into the article, or shared on social media. Price range: $750 to $1,250 per movie, as an add-on to a social media push or sponsored article. Examples:
- Film you produce, starring Hilary. Example:
- Creating a 50’s Glamour Look (scroll down for video, for LVMH)
- A Day in the Life of Hilary Rowland / an Influencer (where Hilary could be using your products or service throughout the day).
- Hilary hosting an event. Example: Origins Event.
- Contest or giveaway.
- Dedicated email blast to our 300k+ subscribers via our monthly newsletter.
- Adding a link into one of Urbanette’s existing articles (economically priced at $800).
- Submit an article with your link in it. Pricing depends on the quality of the article, the topic and focus, what (if any) photos we need to add/take, if you want a mini-movie starring Hilary included, and how much editing needs to be done. You’ll need to agree that the article can’t be used elsewhere online. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and pricing.
More Reading & Studies About Influencer Marketing
- Inc Magazine: Influencer Marketing Delivers 11X ROI Over All Other Forms of Digital Media
- AdWeek’s Social Times: Here’s Why Influencer Marketing Is All the Rage on Social Media Now
- Forbes: Love It or Hate It, Influencer Marketing Works
- LinkedIn: Size Doesn’t Matter When It Comes To Social Following
- Tomoson: Study on Rate of Returns and Spending on Influencer Marketing
- Contently: Infographic: Why Influencer Marketing Works
- eMarketer: Influencer Marketing: All It’s Cracked Up To Be?
“Don’t mistake social media following numbers for influence… the ‘Fame Model’ can actually undermine the real power behind influencer marketing.” – AdWeek
Over the following pages, we’ve listed a few more examples / case studies of completed sponsorships: